Our attendees’ health and safety remain our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19. We will follow all venue, local, and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements.
This list, and all protocols, are subject to change as the COVID-19 guidelines evolve.
Here are the current health and safety plans for onsite at the Summit:
- Mandatory indoor masks (over nose and mouth) for all attendees except while eating, drinking or when delivering a conference talk.
- Lunch will be distributed throughout the building and outdoor seating options will be available.
- On-site attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 full days) after the final dose of a WHO-approved vaccine.
- Proof of full vaccination will be required at badge pickup.
- Outdoor areas will be available for mask breaks and eating/drinking including the Registration tent and the Mirantis Biergarten, both located on the OpenInfra Plaza.
- Booth staff are required to wear masks while at the booth. Event participants are required to wear a mask when visiting booths and are encouraged to not crowd around booths.
- Speaker podiums will be spaced at least 6 feet from the first row of attendee chairs in break out rooms.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the venue with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend the OpenInfra Summit?
Onsite attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 full days) after the required initial dose(s) of a WHO-approved vaccine. Proof of full vaccination will be required at badge pickup.
What COVID-19 test and vaccination requirements are there to enter Germany?
Since entry requirements vary by country, please check with your local embassy for current guidelines. Please note: negative PCR tests may be required in addition to proof of COVID-19 recovery and / or vaccination status in order to enter Germany.
What is required to prove vaccination status?
Your physical vaccination card, a copy of the card, or a digital copy with your name, vaccination dates, and a matching photo ID will be required.
Does proof of previous Covid-19 infection count as vaccinated?
Proof of previous Covid-19 infection is not sufficient. You must provide a physical vaccination card, a copy of the card, or a digital copy with your name, vaccination dates, and a matching photo ID.
What is the mask protocol on-site?
There is a mandatory indoor mask mandate for all attendees except while eating and drinking in designated areas or when delivering a conference talk. Indoor eating will be socially distanced and outdoor eating options will be available.
What about masks at booths?
Booth staff are required to wear masks while at the booth. Event participants are required to wear a mask when visiting booths and are encouraged to not crowd around booths.
What do I do if I test positive during the week of the Summit?
Email [email protected] with the subject “Positive Covid-19 Notification” and let us know when you started being symptomatic and when you tested positive. Refunds will be at the discretion of OpenInfra Foundation staff and dependent on proof of a positive Covid-19 test.
Where can I get a Covid-19 test in Berlin?
Please visit https://www.direkttesten.berlin/ for current testing site availability.
How do I report a Healthy & Safety violation?
Following Health & Safety guidelines onsite is part of the OpenInfra’s Event Code of Conduct. If you encounter attendees violating the Health & Safety regulations outlined, please contact Allison Price ([email protected]) or Jonathan Bryce ([email protected]) to make a formal report. Please refer to the OpenInfra Events Code of Conduct for additional information.