Nominations for Individual Board Members have closed.
Individual Member Director elections for the will be held Invalid date to Invalid date. Nominations occur between Invalid date and Invalid date.
About the Board
The Board of Directors is ultimately legally responsible for the Foundation as a corporate entity. Board activities include oversight of the Foundation and its budget, strategy and goals according to the mission and responsibilities. The 2023 Board will be composed of 21 directors elected by the Individual Members (7), directors elected by the Gold Members (7) and directors appointed by the Platinum Members (7).
As a true corporate board, Board members are responsible for fiduciary duties and adhering to an expanded code of conduct. All Directors need to attend regular quarterly Board meetings and any special meetings that come up. The meetings will be held in a way that allows for remote participation.
Individual Member Director board seats
- Individual Member Directors are there to represent the Individual Members of the Foundation
- These Directors act as the link between the thousands of members of the Foundation and the Board, and are not representing the companies for which they work
When considering which candidates are best equipped to serve in this capacity, voters can review each candidate's application on the candidate page prior to the start of the election.
We ask that you give every candidate on the ballot careful consideration, and not base your vote solely on the fact that a particular candidate works for your employer.
Code of Conduct Reminder
Members should review and comply with the the Community Code of Conduct, which states: "Respect the election process. Members should not attempt to manipulate election results. Open debate is welcome, but vote trading, ballot stuffing and other forms of abuse are not acceptable."
Individual Member Director elections for the 2023 Board will be held Monday January 9, 2023 to Froday January 13, 2023. You must have joined the Open Infrastructure Foundation as an Individual Member by Tuesday, July 17, 2022 to vote in the January 2023 election, per the bylaws.
In accordance with the Open Infrastructure Foundation Bylaws, Board elections will take place online using a cumulative voting method. No more than three members of the Board may be affiliated with the same company, which means the candidate receiving the next highest votes would assume the seat if the election results in too many employees from a single company. Individual Member Directors elected in 2023 will serve a one-year term, but they may be nominated and re-elected indefinitely. The next election for Individual Member Directors will take place during January 2023.
If you are an eligible voter, you will receive an email with a link to complete your ballot when the elections open on January 9, 2023. To ensure you receive the ballot, please log on to the website at openinfra.dev/a/profile and make sure your information is current.
- Between November 14 and December 16, members can visit this page and nominate candidates.
- Whenever a member is nominated, they will receive a notification (via the email listed in their member profile)
- Nominees must then log in and 1) accept the initial nomination, and 2) fill out the application
- Members who have received 10 nominations by December 16 must also complete the candidate application by December 21 in order to appear on the ballot
All candidates must complete the application by December 21 in order to appear on the ballot. Questions:
- What is your relationship to OpenInfra, and why is its success important to you? What would you say is your biggest contribution to OpenInfra and/or OpenStack's success to date?
- Describe your experience with other non profits or serving as a board member. How does your experience prepare you for the role of a board member?
- What do you see as the Board's role in OpenInfra's success?
- What do you think the top priority of the Board should be in 2023?
A candidate's responses will appear on their public profile, as well as on the candidates page.
Election Timeline Summary:
- November 14: Individual Member nominations open, election details live on openinfra.dev
- December 16: Individual Member nominations close
- December 21: Deadline for Individual Member Nominees to complete application
- January 4: Gold Member Director Selector Election (1 day)
- January 9: Individual Member Elections open
- January 13: Individual Member Elections close
Note that the Gold Member process will complete prior to the start of the Individual Member elections. Each Platinum Member has already appointed a Board Member, although they can change that appointment at any time during their membership.
If you have any questions regarding membership, the nomination process, or any other matter regarding the elections, please contact the Secretary (Jonathan Bryce) at [email protected]. Additionally, if you have an election problem to report, contact the election inspectors: [email protected] (led by Lisa Miller, one of the Foundation's corporate attorneys).