The Open Infrastructure Foundation (OpenInfra) is a non-profit organization that helps communities build and operate open infrastructure. We support the development and adoption of open infrastructure globally, across a community of over 110,000 individuals in 187 countries, by hosting open source projects and communities of practice. Recently relaunched from the OpenStack Foundation, we currently support 6 open source projects including OpenStack, which has become the de facto open source cloud platform in the world used by organizations such as Walmart, CERN, Blizzard and many more. We are a small, diverse, fully remote team with employees spanning the globe.
We are looking for a web manager who will be responsible for the organization’s web properties, including the Foundation’s primary marketing site (openinfra.dev), Superuser (superuser.openstack.org), and the open source project sites that the Foundation hosts including openstack.org. Combined, these web properties reach more than 4 million users each year. This person should have an analytical mind, the ability to tie website projects to business needs, and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Aligning our website needs with organizational goals, including planning, prioritization, monitoring, and project management
- Coordinate with and manage third party web development contractors, including monitoring budget/spend
- Perform content and UI changes across our websites, both using a CMS (Netlify CMS, Wordpress, and Silverstripe) and in html/css using Github workflows
- Improve user experience (UX) across our web properties
- Monitoring, responding to, and resolving all website issues
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards
- Working with open source communities to improve our web properties to meet the community’s needs
- Working with marketing teams to advise and implement tracking/analytics needs
- Document the processes required to update website content for internal staff
- Improve on existing website framework for new open source project communities
- Performing QA for across our web properties as new pages/features are launched and on a recurring basis
- Ensuring full compliance on our web properties with all laws and regulations, including GDPR
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 2+ years of experience working as a web developer or web manager
- Detailed understanding of of SEO and PPC
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, outstanding problem solving skills, and the ability to work across teams
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Be results oriented, asking questions to get to the root of a problem, then looking to find solutions that accomplish goals
Nice to Have
- Ability to perform production graphic work using Figma and Adobe Illustrator
- High-level understanding of PHP and React
- Experience working remotely / autonomously
OpenInfra Foundation is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. OpenInfra Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.